help me please

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM

hi ,,, first thanks for the web parts

but i added this web parts ( list repeater ) to my sharepoint site and try to use it in my list

I want to repeate some columns in my list ,,

please if there are any one can help me

:(

the Question is :

I create a list ,, i want to add repeater to some columns ,,, that they can be repeated when i need them

and i want to know if list repeater can do that ,, and how ????

thanks alot

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Hi!

so sorry for the delay in the answer or the lack of documentation. I've been full of work and I'd hadnt a chance to make a video or something.

well, this is what you have to do.

1. Download the wsp and install it in you desired site / site collection
  2. Activate it in your features.
  3. If everythin's ok, you should able to put it on any webpart page.
  4. If so, click at the "modify the webpart" menu item
  5. In the first dropdown, select the List you want to render off
  6. If you have a view to filter/sort the list's items, select it in the 2nd dropdown
  7. Then, Youl fill a 3rd dropdown, in there you can select the type of render you want (as a main div and you specify the container for each item, a <ul> list or a table [note: you have to specify the number of <td> for each row, it only print the <tr>])
  8. Now, supose you whant to print the ID and th Title of your items, if so, you have to write it this way [ID] - [Title]. You can select all the available fields from the main list.
  9. You can specify a header and a footer, and a empty template (currently, there's no "field use" in these areas [like printing the list name or the list owner on the header or the footer]
  10. if everything's well setted, press ok and your list will be rendered

Hope this helps you. If you got any doubts, send me an email with screenshots

jluis

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:32 AM

HI!,

Thanks for the good webpart. It worked fine for me. I have a question

• How to display field values in Header Template? eg: I tried [Title] in header template but it shows as [Title] only instead of title value.

Your help is appreciated.

Jim

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Hi jim

Sorry for the late reply.

Currently, there is no way to put values from within the header just because I didn't found a proper way to decide which listitem to put on top.

But that wold be a nice feature. Deciding which listitem to put on top, list the first one, or a given LIwho matches any given pattern or something.

Sent from my iPhone

On 30/08/2010, at 21:32, "jimmathew999" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

HI!,

Thanks for the good webpart. It worked fine for me. I have a question

• How to display field values in Header Template? eg: I tried [Title] in header template but it shows as [Title] only instead of title value.

Your help is appreciated.

Jim